Robert C. Tucker
Get in Touch
Robert @ 419.418.6461
Call Mimi @ 419.418.6936
Bob Tucker’s practice focuses on commercial disputes from arbitration to trial and appeal. His client base includes manufacturers, hospitals, colleges, technology companies, small businesses and individuals. Bob has a keen focus on winning arguments based on each client’s case and the law that applies.
Bob targets his practice on complex commercial litigation and defense of claims of professional malpractice. He represents parties in probate and trust disputes, and he also litigates trademark and trade dress infringement disputes. He has taken on disputes stemming from non-compete employment agreements and has represented employers before the Ohio State Employment Relations Board and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
Bob also consults with clients regarding risk management and government relations. Bob has the skill set required to serve as an effective and efficient mediator in civil disputes.
Before joining the firm in 2011, Bob served as a clerk for U.S. District Court Judge Jack Zouhary, and also clerked for U.S. Magistrate Judge (now U.S. District Court Judge) James R. Knepp, II.
- Bob represented an animal feed manufacturer and its insurer in recovering from its toll miller contribution for settlements paid to ranchers from bad feed caused by the toll miller.
- `Bob obtained dismissal of a breach of contract case brought by physician group against client hospital for lack of federal subject matter jurisdiction.
- Bob drafted a successful motion for temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction on behalf of client licensee in case involving misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of exclusivity provision in contract with licensor.
- Bob pursued franchisor on behalf of franchisee in arbitration for breach of franchise agreement, resulting in arbitration award in franchisee's favor.
- Bob assisted Tier 1 automobile suppliers for claims against suppliers relating to non-conforming parts.
- Bob successfully obtained dismissal on forum non conveniens grounds of a multi-million dollar attorney fee lawsuit.
Labor and Employment
- Bob has successfully represented a large public employer in multiple arbitrations with its major labor unions regarding grievances involving both contractual interpretation and employee discipline.
- Bob has successfully obtained multiple dismissals of unfair labor practice charges from the Ohio State Employment Relations Board on behalf of a large public employer.
- Bob has successfully defended charges of discrimination brought against a large public employer before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, obtaining determinations of no probable cause and dismissals of the charges.
- Bob has represented employers in litigation involving employee non-competition agreements, both on behalf of the prior and subsequent employers.
Legal Malpractice Defense
- Bob frequently represents attorneys in Ohio and Michigan against claims of legal malpractice.
- Bob has sat second chair in multiple legal malpractice trials, including a lengthy trial resulting in a successful jury verdict involving claims stemming from representation in a high net worth divorce.
Medical Malpractice Defense
- Bob frequently assists in defense of hospitals, doctors, and nurses against claims of medical malpractice.
- Bob has sat second-chair in multiple medical malpractice trials, including in a two week-long trial resulting in a jury verdict in favor of the client radiologist and radiology group in a wrongful death and loss of less-than-even chance of survival case.
Probate and Trust Disputes
- Bob represents trustees and trust beneficiaries in disputes related to trust administration and distribution.
The University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2009
Georgetown University, B.A., 2006
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
American Bar Foundation, Fellow
Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys, Vice Chair of the Medical Negligence Committee
National Lawyers Guild
American Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Michigan State Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
American Inns of Court, Morrison R. Waite Chapter
Toledo Bar Association, Former Member of Board of Directors, and member of Grievance Committee
Federal Bar Association for the Northern District of Ohio
Toledo Junior Bar Association, Past President
Super Lawyers Ohio Rising Star (2017-2021)
Advocates for Basic Legal Equality and Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Member Board of Directors
Founder and host of the Toledo Matters Podcast
Leadership Toledo, Class of 2014
Lucas County Democratic Party - Judicial Screening Committee
Toledo Ohio Pet Services, Inc., d/b/a Toledo Unleashed, Former Member of Board of Directors