Paul E. Croy
Get in Touch
Paul @ 419.878.2931
Call Angie @ 419.878.2931
Paul practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, business and farm transition planning, general business representation, and residential and investment real estate.
Paul has developed estate plans using wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, limited liability companies and family limited partnerships, conservation easements, charitable trusts and various gifting and transfer plans.
Paul is there during a family’s time of loss. He has assisted over a thousand families and individuals with their estate plans. He has administered estates with unusual or complicated assets, including commercial real estate, business interests, farms, valuable collectibles, and foreign mineral rights.
Paul has also provided services as a trustee or trust advisor for clients and has been engaged as counsel to individual trustees on how to properly administer trusts that are under their management.
In residential real estate, Paul represents buyers and sellers in purchase agreements. On the commercial side, he assists sellers, investors and buyers with the structure and finance of commercial real estate transactions.
Raised on his family’s poultry farm, Paul helps farmers and business owners transition their operations to the next generation. He is a frequent speaker at the local, state, and regional level on “Keeping the Farm in the Family” and “Exit Planning for Business Owners”.
Committed to northwest Ohio, Paul serves as a board or committee member for the Waterville Community Foundation; Toledo Community Foundation; 577 Foundation; Waterville Rotary; and Erie Shores Council, Boy Scouts of America. He has previously served on the boards of the Anthony Wayne Education Foundation, Black Swamp Conservancy, Waterville Chamber of Commerce, and YMCA Storer Camps.
Succession Planning for Family Farms and Businesses
- Paul is a frequent speaker at the local state and regional level on "Keeping the Farm in the Family" and "Exit Planning for Business Owners."
- Paul has helped numerous farms and business owners develop plans to transition their operations to the next generation.
- Paul has assisted over a thousand families and individuals to develop estate plans that meet their goals and allow for an orderly and economical transfer of their estates at their time of death.
- Paul has developed estate plans using a wide variety of techniques such as wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, limited liability companies and family limited partnerships, conservation easements, charitable trusts and various gifting and transfer plans.
- Paul regularly acts as a trustee or trust advisor for clients, when asked.
- Paul advises individual trustees on how to properly administer trusts they are responsible for.
- Paul assists and advises families during the difficult time of their loss.
- Paul has administered estates with unusual and complicated assets, including commercial real estate, business interests, farm land, unusual collectibles and foreign mineral interests.
- Paul represents buyers and sellers in residential purchase agreements.
- Paul assists sellers, investors and buyers with the structure and finance of commercial real estate transactions.
The University of Toledo, College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1989
The University of Toledo, B.A. Economics, 1986
Fox Family Office Exchange
Society for Financial Service Professionals
Toledo Estate Planning Council
Toledo Bar Association
American Bar Association
Silver Beaver Award, Toledo Area Council of Boy Scouts of America
First recipient of the Ohio State Bar Foundation's Community Service Award for Attorneys under 40
20 Under Forty Award, Toledo (Ohio 2003)
Anthony Wayne Education Foundation
Waterville Community Foundation
Toledo Community Foundation
Erie Shores Council, Boy Scouts of America
Black Swamp Conservancy