William V. Beach
Get in Touch
William @ 419.249.7900
Call Kim @ 419.418.6460
Bill offers pragmatic and candid advice to employers on all aspects of employment law and civil litigation. Bill’s clients include international Fortune 500 manufacturing companies, regional businesses, schools, and nonprofit organizations.
Bill defends employers before agencies with authority over employment issues including the Department of Labor (DOL), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC), State Employment Relations Board (SERB), Ohio Department of Commerce, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS), Unemployment Compensation Review Commission (UCRC), and Ohio Industrial Commission.
When disputes result in litigation, Bill is actively involved from initial pleadings and discovery through trial and appeal. His trial experience provides significant insight for employers seeking advice and defending against administration claims.
In civil litigation, he has successfully obtained dismissal orders and summary judgments for multiple entities and employers sued for civil rights violations and workplace injuries. He won a jury trial in a vigorously contested business contract case involving a noncompete agreement, breach of a buy-sell agreement and discrimination claims.
In administrative law, Bill has obtained “no probable cause” findings in discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases. He has successfully argued for “just cause” dismissal determinations involving the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, and Ohio Unemployment Compensation Review Commission.
Bill encourages employers to be proactive by implementing lawful policies, procedures, and handbooks. He protects employer rights through the use of strategic hiring documents, employment contracts, non-compete agreements, last chance agreements, and release/severance agreements.
Bill is a resource for community and professional organizations who seek his perspectives on current employment issues especially in the COVID era.
- Bill has helped many employers avoid legal liability through proactive implementation of lawful policies, procedures and handbooks. He frequently protects employer rights through the use of strategic hiring documents, employment contracts, non-compete agreements, last chance agreements, and release/severance agreements.
- Bill has successfully obtained dismissal orders and summary judgments for multiple entities and employees sued for civil rights violations.
- Bill also won a jury trial in a vigorously contested business contract case involving a noncompete agreement, breach of a buy-sell agreement and discrimination claims.
- Bill obtained many "No Probable Cause" findings in favor of employers facing various charges of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- Bill has successfully argued for many "just cause" dismissal determinations from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, and the Ohio Unemployment Compensation Review Commission.
The University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 1988
University of Pittsburgh, B.A., 1984
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Findlay Area Human Resource Association
Toledo Area Human Resource Association
Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorney
Society for Human Resource Management
Findlay/Hancock County Bar Association
Toledo Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Ohio State University Extension Advisory Council, Hancock County, 2010-Present; Chair 2011-Present
Hospice of Northwest Ohio, Past Board Member
Samaritan Counseling Center, Past Board Member
Findlay-Hancock County Arts Partnership, Past Board Member