Thomas A. Gibson
Get in Touch
Thomas @ 419.418.6920
Call Kim @ 419.418.6460
Tom’s legal career covers a wide range of business areas including real estate where he represents a number of real estate investment companies in the purchase and sale of real estate.
Tom’s work in environmental law includes understanding governmental mandates established to protect the environment and maintain air and water quality, and control toxic substances. He provides counsel to clients on environmental liability, regulatory compliance, enforcement actions, and risk assessments associated with business acquisitions. Under the environmental umbrella, Tom has served as counsel for Fortune 500 companies as well as family-owned businesses.
For several small to mid-size companies, Tom acts as general counsel providing advice and guidance on all aspects of their business.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Tom worked as a civil engineer for five years at a consulting firm in Toledo, Ohio. His work there was primarily in the areas of municipal water and wastewater treatment and environmental engineering.
Real Estate Law
- Tom represents a number of real estate investment companies and has assisted these clients in purchases and sales of real estate.
- Tom assisted one of these clients in a major shift of focus from single city residential rental real estate holdings to a national presence in triple net commercial rental properties.
- Tom has represented clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to family-owned businesses in environmental liability, compliance, and enforcement actions, as well as risk assessment efforts and associated business acquisitions.
- Tom represents several small to medium size companies on an ongoing long term basis, in effect, acting as their general counsel and providing advice and guidance on all aspects of their business.
- Tom assisted a long time client to reorganize its ownership and operations structure to recognize respective owners' varying commitments to different geographical locations of the business.
University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
University of Toledo, B.S.C.E.
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Kentucky State Bar Association
Toledo Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
YMCA Storer Camps Advisory Board, 2021 - Present
St. Vincent Hospital Pediatric Ethics Committee Member (former)