James E. Brazeau
Get in Touch
James @ 419.418.6916
Call Linda @ 419.418.6926
With over 40 years of high-level trial experience, Jim is a leading trial attorney who has been involved in hundreds of cases involving commercial litigation, health care, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, and product liability disputes. Jim is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and a Fellow in the Litigation Council of America Proven Trial Lawyers™.
In commercial litigation cases, Jim represents health care providers and hospitals in contract disputes and enforcement of non-compete agreements; contractual disputes regarding supply and purchase agreements; and owners, contractors and architects in defective construction and warranty claims.
Highly skilled in defending professional liability cases, Jim serves as a trusted counselor for physicians and hospitals in claims involving malpractice cases with catastrophic loss in the most complex medical specialties. In Ohio and Michigan, Jim represents attorneys facing legal malpractice charges related to litigation, domestic relations, estate planning and employment.
Jim also has extensive experience in credentialing and licensure for state-regulated professionals including suspension and termination of privileges for medical staff or health care personnel.
- Jim regularly represents healthcare providers and hospitals involving breach of contracts and enforcement of non-compete agreements.
- Jim represents clients regarding contractual disputes ranging from supply contracts, purchase and service agreements.
- Jim represents owners, contractors and architects primarily involving alleged defective construction and warranty claims
- Jim has represented healthcare professionals and institutions involving credentialing and suspension or termination of privileges.
- Jim regularly represents healthcare professionals before state regulatory boards.
- Jim successfully represents physicians and hospitals in Michigan and Ohio involving many specialties including cardiology, obstetrics/gynecology, surgery, and primary care.
- Jim successfully represents attorneys in Ohio and Michigan involving litigation, domestic relations, estate planning, and employment law.
- Jim defends claims arising from use of medical devices or equipment as well as drug product liability.
University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1978
University of Toledo, B.A., 1975
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1978
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Ohio State Bar Association
Toledo Bar Association
Diversity Law Institute, Member, October 2019
Trial Law Institute, Member, October 2019
Defense Research Institute
American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
Litigation Council of America Proven Trial Lawyers, Fellow
Super Lawyers ((2007-2009) (2012-2022))
Who's Who in Toledo Area Law - Healthcare, Professional Liability and Commercial Litigation, Toledo Business Journal (2009 - 2020)
Toledo Bar Association Community Service Award 2015
NW District, Erie Shores Boy Scouts Council
2015 Community Service Award by the Toledo Bar Association
Legatus - Member
Mercy St. Vincent Foundation - Board Member
Grey Nun Community Fund - Trustee Representative
Mom's House - Past President and Former Board Member