David R. Bainbridge
Get in Touch
David @ 419.418.6950
Call Kim @ 419.418.6460
As a senior member of the Business and Corporate Practice Group, Dave’s practice has focused on business organization and counseling; loan documentation and secured transactions; accounts receivable factoring; mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; real estate and commercial transactions; and commercial leases. With 38 years of legal experience, Dave represents a diverse group of clients from international Fortune 500 companies to local sole proprietors.
Dave serves as the outside United States general counsel for a privately held company that is one of the world's leading manufacturer of medical dispensing devices. Headquartered in Europe, but with significant US operations, Dave manages the legal aspects and operations of the company’s US affiliate, including matters related to commercial transactions, development agreements, supply agreements, real estate, general contracts, procurement, intellectual property and HR matters. Dave's unique position as an "outside" lawyer working on the "inside" has provided him great insight into what types of legal services are most important to a business and how preventative legal measures can be undertaken to protect a business against the unforeseen occurrences, disputes, and difficult situations that all businesses face on a daily basis.
Clients rely on Dave as a trusted advisor to help them with day-to-day decisions that may include exploring new opportunities, managing risks, and resolving complex issues. He is adept at understanding the dynamic nature of business and positioning companies to accomplish short and long-term goals.
Commercial and Corporate Law
- Negotiated numerous supply agreements on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.
- Assisted and advised clients on various procurement agreements.
Finance and Lending
- Served as special Ohio legal counsel to the Ohio Department of Development in connection with its Chapter 166 Direct Loan Program, Innovation Ohio Loan Program, and Research & Development Loan Program, handling more than 50 loans.
- Advised commercial lenders and borrowers in various loan arrangements, including term loans, revolving loans, asset based loans and other credit facilities.
- Assisted a Fortune 500 company with sale of accounts receivables.
- Represented a local manufacturing company in a successful bond financing.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Assisted a local store fixture manufacturer in the negotiation and sale of its business to a Fortune 500 company.
- Represented a national elevator company in the acquisitions of the assets of several elevator related businesses.
- Successfully negotiated leases for warehouse and manufacturing space of large and small landlords and tenants.
- Assisted large and small companies with commercial equipment lease facilities.
University of Florida College of Law, LL.M., 1984
The University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1983; Order of the Coif
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
American Bar Association
Toledo Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Community Advisory Board, Toledo Mud Hens (2011-Present)