Craig J. Van Horsten
Get in Touch
Craig @ 419.418.6925
Call Kim @ 419.418.6460
Craig focuses his practice on commercial real estate property, business transactions, and nonprofit organizations. Craig serves clients ranging from Fortune 500 manufacturing companies to local businesses and nonprofit entities. His clients actively involve him in all phases of real property transactions - ranging from listing agreements to lease agreements. He is equally involved with business transactions and nonprofit organizations.
Originally from Connecticut, Craig has lived in Ohio for many years. Following his graduation from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 1976, Craig was associated with another Toledo law firm before joining Robison, Curphey & O'Connell in 2006.
Among his professional associations and volunteer experience, Craig served as Chair of the Ohio State Bar Association Real Property Law Section Council (2011-2013).
Real Estate Development
- Craig advised a Fortune 500 company on the redevelopment of 10 acres in downtown Toledo, Ohio.
- Craig assisted with the green field development of a new headquarters in Northwest Ohio for a Fortune 500 company.
- Craig developed and negotiated a construction agreement on behalf of a Fortune 500 company for a new manufacturing facility.
- Craig developed and negotiated a construction agreement on behalf of a family business for a new suburban manufacturing facility.
- Craig negotiated leases for over 1,000,000 square feet of office space on behalf of large and small landlords and tenants.
- Craig negotiated leases for over 1,000,000 square feet of warehouse space on behalf of large and small tenants.
- Craig negotiated leases for over 1,000,000 square feet of manufacturing space for large and small tenants.
- Craig advised an Ohio retirement community on the refinance of its existing debt with a new credit facility.
- Craig assisted several family businesses with the transfer of control from one generation to the other.
- Craig counseled a Taft-Hartley trust on the redevelopment of a blighted area of Toledo, Ohio into a new office building.
- Craig developed and negotiated a management and operation agreement on behalf of a start-up nonprofit for a municipal parking system.
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1976
Miami University, B.A., 1973
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
The Supreme Court of the United States
Toledo Bar Association
American Bar Association
Michigan State Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Who's Who in Toledo Area Law - Real Estate, Corporate and Commercial Law, Toledo Business Journal (2009 - 2013)
Fellow - American Bar Foundation
Fellow - Ohio State Bar Foundation
Super Lawyers - Ohio Real Property Attorneys (2005-2008)
Board of Directors, Downtown Toledo Development Corporation Chair (2010 - 2013)
Corporation for Effective Government
Toledo Design Center
Greater Downtown Business Partnership
Levis Square Ministries
Maumee Valley Historical Society
St. Michael's in the Hills Vestry