Matthew L. Klein
Get in Touch
Matthew @ 419.423.4321
Call Jennifer @ 419.423.4321
Matt focuses his practice on estate planning, business transactions and corporate law. Matt helps individuals and families implement estate plans designed to protect and transfer wealth aligned with the client’s goals and objectives. He also works with businesses, from family-owned operations to large corporations. For his corporate clients, he provides counsel in areas such as business formation and governance, commercial real estate, employment agreements, and general business transactions.
Originally from Findlay, Matt returned to his hometown after graduating from the University of Notre Dame Law School in 2001. Matt was an associate with the firm of Firmin, Sprague & Huffman until 2009 when he became a partner and the firm changed its name to Sprague, Huffman & Klein. In 2011 Matt, along with Attorneys Douglas Huffman and Robert Sprague, joined RCO Law as partners.
The Firm’s expansion to Findlay over 10 years ago has proven to be a sound business decision and mutually beneficial for all parties. Matt and his colleagues are actively involved in the Findlay-Hancock County community through volunteer leadership opportunities and financial support to organizations that maintain quality of life services. Matt is currently on the board of the Findlay Hancock County Legal Education Foundation, and a board member of the City of Findlay Revolving Loan Fund.
- Advised and assisted client on the sale of a million dollar plus amusement ride business implementing a structure to minimize tax and utilize owner's personal goodwill.
- Advised and assisted client on the sale of million dollar colored powder business.
- Advised and assisted client on the purchase of multiple gourmet sandwich shops franchises in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
- Matt has implemented charitable trusts for several clients to achieve clients' charitable wishes while providing tax benefits to the clients.
- Matt developed and implemented succession plans for numerous family businesses to provide for the transfer of the family business to the next generation while minimizing the tax impact and accomplishing the clients' goals.
- Matt has designed and implemented numerous estate plans for young and middle age couples concerned with protecting and passing down assets to next generation.
- Matt assisted and advised numerous clients on the formation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Matt advises and assists clients in drafting and implementing close corporation and buy-sell agreements.
- Matt advised our client and negotiated the purchase of 33,000+ square foot strip mall and assisted with negotiation of subsequent leases to tenants.
- Advised and help guide client through closing on the purchase of multi-million dollar warehouse facility.
The University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2001
The University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2001 Bowling Green State University, B.S., cum laude, 1996
Ohio State Bar Association
Findlay/Hancock County Bar Association; President 2023
University of Findlay Bequest and Gift Planning Council
Findlay Estate Planning Council
Knights of Columbus, Findlay, Ohio Leo Council 957
Past President of Century Health, Findlay, Ohio (2005-2006)
Past President of the Children's Mentoring Connection of Hancock County (2009-2011)
Benevolent & Protective Order of Elks, Findlay Lodge #75 (Past Exalted Ruler 2008-2009)
Findlay Flag City Morning Rotary (Past President 2011-2012)
Findlay Hancock County Legal Education Foundation (Secretary/Treasurer 2014 - Present)
City of Findlay Revolving Loan Fund (Board Member 2016-Present)