Under supervision of the Firm Administrator, will serve as a confidential secretary to attorneys and/or paralegals as assigned. Preparation of documents and correspondence requiring knowledge of legal terminology and formats such as contracts, briefs, policies, and pleadings is required. Will perform a wide variety of other routine secretarial and administrative tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide confidential administrative support to attorneys and paralegals.
• Gather relevant information and documents, and copy data from a variety of sources.
• Perform a wide variety of typing assignments, confidential in nature and may require research to complete; operate personal computer to compose, edit, revise, tabulate, and print letters, tables, reports, spread sheets and other materials.
• Prepare documents and correspondence requiring knowledge of legal terminology and document formats, such as contracts, briefs, policies, complaints, and motions.
• Establish, maintain, process, and/or open and close files, create, and maintain documents, file documents and correspondence, create and maintain databases, records, certificates, and/or other documents, and file Court documents.
• Schedule appointments and perform other duties related to maintaining assigned timekeepers' schedules; may schedule and coordinate meetings and conferences.
• Process electronic court filings when requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Excellent verbal telephone skills.
• Excellent typing skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications with an emphasis on Microsoft Office 365, Adobe, Excel and Workshare.
• Ability to electronically file documents and materials in both court and administrative settings
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Always present a professional appearance.
• Possess and display a positive mental attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a wide range of personalities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 7.5 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Interested and qualified candidates should respond to:
Angela G. Barchick, Firm Administrator --- firstname.lastname@example.org